All the related candidates who participated and qualified for Vishwavidyalaya Entrance test 2018 in Department of Journalism & Mass Communication; you are suggested to check the counselling schedule, seat availability, counselling and admission procedure at below.
Department of Journalism & Mass Communication
All applicants that counselling for admission to following programmes will be held on 03 July 2018 (Tentatively) as per schedule given below:
Courses & Counselling Date
|Sr. No.||Name of the Course||No. of Seat||Date of Counselling|
|For 2014 Year||For 2018 Year|
|1||Five Years Integrated UG/PG Programmes||60 Seats||3rd July 2014||In July 2018|
|2||MMCJ||30 Seats||4th July 2014||In July 2018|
Reporting to the Department (Room No-68, WING B, UTD Building) : 9.30 AM
Verification of Documents : 9.45 AM to 1.30 PM
Issue of Challan for fee deposit : 10.30 AM onwards
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE PRODUCED FOR VERIFICATION/SUBMISSION
1. 10th class mark sheet
2. 12th class mark sheet
3. TC/CC/Migration (Only original is accepted)
4. 02 recent passport size photographs
5. Valid Caste certificate (if required)
6. Income certificate (for proof of OBC non-creamy layer category)
7. Gap certificate in the form of affidavit in original (as applicable)
8. Mark sheet of qualifying examination
9. Undertaking of Anti-ragging from candidate/Guardian (to be provided by the office)
1. Amount of Fee shall be as given in admission brochure
2. Relaxation in upper age-limit/ reservation of seats will be as per GOI/UGC/Vishwavidyalaya rules
3. Mere call for counselling does not ensure admission. Admission is strictly subject to satisfying eligibility conditions as given in admission brochure.
4. Working hrs of the university is 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM (Bank closing 4.00 PM)
5. All photocopies to be submitted should be self-attested
About: Department of Journalism & Mass Communication
Head : Dr. Gopa Bagachi
The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication is one of the oldest departments of the University. It aims at providing trained manpower for print and electronic media and conducting innovative programs in mass communication.
The department invites eminent academicians & professionals to interact with faculty members and students. Fieldwork, study tours and Bulletin publications are some of the activities organized for the benefit of the students. Departmental experimental Newspaper “Parisar-Varta”, edited by the students is published in every three months. Students have initiated for publication of Annual departmental magazine “Prayas”. Creation of infrastructure of Media-Lab is under process.
Ever since its inception, almost 100% placement of students with reputed organizations has been achieved and the alumni of the department are occupying prominent positions in National print and electronic media. The department has taken initiatives for the establishment of Center of Media and Communication Studies in the department.
|Courses offered||Course code||# Seats||Duration||Eligibility for admission|
|BA (Honours)- JMC||112||60||06 Semesters||Min. 50% aggregate at 10+2 level from any recognized Board or equivalent|
|MA in Journalism & Mass Communication||326||20||4 Semesters||Graduation in any Discipline with Min. 50% aggregate or equivalent from any recognized University /institution. Max. age limit: 25 years|
Declaration of Results: 02 June 2018
Counselling (For VET): 01 July 2018
Last date of Admission (For VET): 15 July 2018
For any queries regarding above topic, please ask us through below comment session (or) direct contact through below given contact details.
Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya
Bilaspur (C.G.) 495 009 India
Phone: 07752-260283 (Off) 07752-260283