GATE applications upload photograph and signature electronically- GATE 2020 application process has been completely converted to online mode and candidates have to apply for GATE application form by going through online registration process. To complete the online application filling process students have to upload photograph and signature at the time of submitting your application. Uploading photograph or signature that does not meet the specifications can result in the disqualification of the application without any refund of the application fee.
GATE 2020 Uploading Photograph Requirements
Candidates have to follow these instructions to avoid cancellation of their application form. Please pay attention to upload good quality photograph. Poor quality of the photograph submitted will lead to rejection of your GATE application, without any refund of the application fee. The GATE score card will be printed with the photograph you submit.
- Candidates photograph must be in color and must be taken in a professional studio. Photograph taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits are NOT acceptable.
- The photograph must be taken in a white or a very light background.
- The photograph must have been taken after 1st July 2019.
- Face in photograph should occupy the 50% space of total photograph size with facing straight to camera.
- Candidates face in the photo must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
- If you normally wear spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses for the photo shoot.
- You must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
- Ask your photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height) print.
- Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel) (Ask your studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher).
- Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 240 × 320.
- For your own benefit it may be prudent not to intentionally change your facial features or hair style as in the photograph until the day of the exam.
GATE 2020 Uploading Signature Requirements
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) on an A4 white paper. Put your signature with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- Get the signature digitally image scanned by a professional using a scanner, and get the image cropped to the box by the professional.
- Only JPEG image formats will be accepted.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 160 × 560.
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.
- Photographs of the signatures taken using mobile phone are not acceptable, and can result in disqualification of the application without any refund of the fee.
These are the basic requirements for the candidates to follow before uploading photograph and signature to GATE 2020 application Form. Failing to fulfill these requirements, your application form may be cancelled by officials.